Thursday, August 27, 2009

WEEK 5 TUTORIAL ACTIVITY :)

3D World v. MSN

The first 3D IM environment that I will check out is
Habbo Hotel where you don’t have to download anything. Firstly, I had to register, which meant thinking of a username… Not being in a very imaginative this early in the morning I stuck with my blogger username!

As the lecture outlined a serious question of ownership, I decided to peak at the Terms of Service. Seeming to be all in order, i continued! Sounds exciting!!!




So here she is! Isn’t she just a splendid work of 3D art, rather boring I feel. Not that i truelly care, I highly doubt ill EVER return. It was odd just very weird to me. My first impression of Habbo Hotel wasn’t positive. I thought the navigation was really hard to use.

Having no previous relations to this site, believe it or not ‘I royally sucked at controlling everything’. Not before long I found some stranger to help me out and for that stranger I do say thanks, but as helpful as you were. You were like to into it, and that rather frightened me. I wanted to destroy your lil cartoon person thing and tell you to go outside and exercise or something! But that would have been mean, and plus it’s not your fault blame technology!:P

I think the qualitative differences between MSN and a 3D environment is predominantly the people you are talking to. On MSN you have the option to only add and talk to your friends. In this 3D environment, you were subject to having a conversation with any random person. The interface and navigation on MSN is far easier to use than what I experienced on Habbo Hotel. There are far less distractions on MSN so you can focus on the conversation you are having with your friend,a dn if someone displeases you there’s always that BLOCK button!. On Habbo Hotel, there were other people interrupting your conversations.

On MSN, you can add your friends via e-mail addresses and monitor who you talk to, in comparison to 3D worlds you cant control who and what kind of conversation occurs between you and a stranger. For all you know you could be talking to an undercover cop!

Now that would have been fun.

Based on that, I officially declare by the power I have over my blog MSN the winner!

DINGGG

No comments:

Post a Comment